The ReportingCompass being the controller of personal data, processes the Users’ personal data observing the rules stated in the Polish Act of 29 April 1997 on personal data protection (Journal of Laws from 2016, item 922 as amended) and in the Act of 18 July 2002 on provision of services by electronic means (Journal of Laws from 2016, item 1030 as amended).
THE INFORMATION COLLECTED BY THE REPORTING COMPASS
The ReportingCompass collects personally identifiable information relating to the User (“Personal Data”) in the following situations:
- Information directly provided by the User: in order to become a Registered User, the User shall provide the ReportingCompass with the following information by filling in the registration form on the Website: name, last name, profession profile, e-mail address and location. Registration is voluntary and the User may benefit from the Q&A Application service without providing such data.
- Information collected automatically: regardless of the registration, whenever the User interacts with the Website that enables the use of the Services, the ReportingCompass receives and stores certain types of information using cookies, the User’s Internet Protocol (IP) and the network traffic.
THE USE OF PERSONAL DATA
- personalize the Services provided by the ReportingCompass;
- improving and updating the Services provided by the ReportingCompass;
- respond to the Users enquiries and provide the User with updates related to the ReportingCompass’s services;
- communicate with the User about the ReportingCompass’s services;
- update the ReportingCompass’s records and maintain any User Account information that the User may have with the ReportingCompass;
- prevent or detect the abusive use of the Services;
- enable third parties to carry out technical, logistical or other functions on the ReportingCompass’s behalf.
COLLECTION OF INFORMATION BY THIRD-PARTY SITES
ReportingCompass’s Website may contain links to other websites whose information practices may be different to ReportingCompass’s. The User shall consult the privacy notices of those third party sites as the ReportingCompass has no control over information that is submitted to, or collected by them.
The ReportingCompass applies security measures to prevent unauthorized access to information that the ReportingCompass collects from the User.
Please note that email correspondence with the ReportingCompass is in free format text and cannot be encrypted. Accordingly, do not send any sensitive information such as credit card details or account passwords via e-mail.
ACCESS TO PERSONAL INFORMATION, RECTIFICATION AND DELETION
Providing the ReportingCompass with Personal Information is voluntary and the User has the right to access his/her data and the right to rectify these data.
The User shall ensure that his/her Personal Information is accurate, complete, and up to date. The ReportingCompass shall provide the User with access to his/her Personal Information for any purpose, rectify the data on the User’s request if it is inaccurate or delete the data on the User’s request, if the ReportingCompass is not required to retain it by law.
Access, rectification or deletion requests can be made via electronic mail at the following address: email@example.com.
A cookie is a text-only string of information that a website transfers to the cookie file of the browser on the User’s computer's hard disk so that the website can remember the User. Cookies may be used in the following ways:
- to enable the personalization features on the Website (which give the User the ability to recall recently viewed pages, save language preference data and see information which the User has input online);
- to enable the ReportingCompass to keep the User logged in and authorized to use the Services for a period of time;
- to compile statistics showing how users use the Website and to allow improvement of the structure of the Website. The User cannot be personally identified this way.
Two types of cookies may be used on the Website: session cookies, which are temporary cookies that remain in the cookie file of the User’s browser until the User leaves the site, and persistent cookies, which remain in the cookie file of the User’s browser for much longer.
The User can accept or decline cookies by modifying the setting in his/her browser. Please note that if the cookies are disabled, the User may not be able to use all the features of the ReportingCompass’s Website.
DISCLOSURE TO THIRD PARTIES
The Personal Information collected and stored by the ReportingCompass shall not be shared for the commercial purposes with any other entity.
- Associates, Agents and Subcontractors: from time to time the ReportingCompass requests other companies to perform functions on ReportingCompass’s behalf including processing documentation, sending customer communications, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, administrating the system. Such entities have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but shall not use it for other purposes.
- Business transfers: in any transactions (e.g. buying or selling of companies or business units) Personal Information is one of the transferred assets.
- With the User’s consent: other than as set out above, the User shall receive notice when information about him/her might go to third parties and he/she will have an opportunity to choose not to share such information.
The ReportingCompass shares the User’s Personal Information with law enforcement agencies when obliged to do so by court or administrative order with appropriate jurisdiction.
RETENTON OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
PRIVACY QUESTIONS AND REQUESTS
CONTROLLER OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Information which the User provides to the ReportingCompass or the ReportingCompass gathers from the Website or in the course of providing Services is controlled by the Foundation “The Centre for Studies on Digital Government” with its registered seat in Łódź, address: Narutowicza 105a St., app. 3, 90-145 Łódź, Poland, entered into the register of Associations, Other Social and Professional Organizations, Foundations and Individual Public Health Care Units, as well as to the register of entrepreneurs of the National Court Register kept by the District Court for Łódź-Śródmieście in Łódź, XX Business Division of the National Court Register, under the KRS No.: 0000419526, Tax Identification No. (NIP): 7252060488.